Start a new topic
Answered

How to remove a list of Servers/Agents using a CSV

I have a large list of servers to remove from event sentry and I was wondering if there was a way to remove them en-masse, I understand I can use the checkbox and then select all of the applicable ones but I am looking for something less error prone and time consuming.

Best Answer

You could use the eventsentry_upd.exe utility which is located in the EventSentry installation directory. That utility includes an /uninstall switch that you can use to remove a remote agent. You could either use PowerShell to parse the CSV file and then execute eventsentry_upd.exe /uninstall <hostname> for every line or use something like Excel to paste repeat occurrences of eventsentry_upd.exe into the spreadsheet and then save the spreadsheet as a .cmd file (and fine/replace any extra separators).

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

1 Comment

Answer

You could use the eventsentry_upd.exe utility which is located in the EventSentry installation directory. That utility includes an /uninstall switch that you can use to remove a remote agent. You could either use PowerShell to parse the CSV file and then execute eventsentry_upd.exe /uninstall <hostname> for every line or use something like Excel to paste repeat occurrences of eventsentry_upd.exe into the spreadsheet and then save the spreadsheet as a .cmd file (and fine/replace any extra separators).

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment